The LAT Training Manual with Companion CD-ROM and LAT Training Manual Workbook will be released in November 2012. If you are considering whether to purchase one of the current LAT products (manual, workbook, study bundle, or total pack) or wait for the new editions, please review the following information:
1. Shortly after the new manual is released, the questions on the current LAT technician certification exam will be re-referenced to material that is in both the 1999 version and the new 2012 version. Thus, during this transition period, you may study from either the 1999 version or the 2012 version of the LAT Manual. Later in 2013, all questions will be referenced ONLY to the 2012 version.
2. During the coming year, pre-test questions may appear at some point on the exam that are based on material that has changed or is new in the 2012 version. These questions will not be identified as pre-test but will not count against your score should you answer the question incorrectly.
3. We do recommend that if you have not begun studying the LAT Training Manual and/or will not be testing in the near future that you consider waiting to purchase the 2012 manual as there is new and updated content that will better prepare you for working in the laboratory animal facility.
Some of the changes in the new manual include:
1. New chapters on bioethics and aquatic facility management
2. Updated text in remaining chapters on topics such as US mandates and guidelines, genetics and breeding, laboratory environment.
3. Updated and enhanced images and drawings
Click "more information" below for a complete comparison between the 1999 and 2012 versions.
If you have any questions about which version of the manual to use for study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.