- Registration fees are $295 for AALAS national members and $385 for nonmembers. Also, look for our new "best value" registration package, which allows you to purchase a meeting registration plus session recordings at a discounted rate—$394 members / $515 nonmembers.
Note: You must be a current member at the time you register in order to get the membership discount. Rates good until August 1, 2014.
- Registrations are NOT transferrable.
- Workshop registrations cannot be processed without a complete meeting registration (including payment).
- You will receive your badge at the AALAS Registration counter in the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Photo identification is required when picking up your badge.
- Cancellations/refund requests must be received in the AALAS national office in writing (no phone messages) at least 30 days prior to the opening session of the National Meeting. Processing fees: $50 for meeting registration; $25 for EACH workshop. Please allow 30 days for processing. Late requests may be granted by the Executive Director.
Registration will open in June.
On-site registration is open:
- Saturday, October 18, 2-6 pm
- Sunday October 19, 7:30 am-7 pm
- Monday-Wednesday, October 20-23, 7:30 am-5 pm
- Thursday, October 23, 7:30am-noon
Information to come.
Wondering how to get from the airport to your hotel? You can make reservations online with the San Antonio Yellow Cab Service or call 1-210-650-8600. The price is approximately $30 one way or $60 round trip.
Important Safety Tips
Follow these simple tips to ensure a fun and safe visit in San Antonio.
- Never walk or travel alone, and be aware of your surroundings as you walk to and from the convention center. If you see something suspicious, don’t hesitate to alert security.
- Remove or conceal your name badge when leaving the convention center.
- Demonstrators seek media attention. Some may try to provoke a confrontation, which produces prime visuals for TV cameras. Don’t give them the satisfaction of reacting; remain calm and cool. And never make physical contact of any kind with an activist or demonstrator—they could file a lawsuit against you for assault or battery.
- Do not participate in news interviews, particularly in the presence of TV cameras. Refer all requests for interviews to AALAS staff, who will alert an official spokesperson.