If you are looking for an exciting new position, check our Positions Open Listings for current job listings. We also have some links you might find useful in your search for a new job.
New to the Field?
A career in laboratory animal science requires a person who enjoys working with animals and is genuinely concerned for their welfare. Animals must have care seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, so dependability and reliability are important.
Is a career in laboratory animal science for you? To find out, answer these questions:
- Do you have respect for animals?
- Would you enjoy the potential to work with a variety of animal species every day?
- Would you like to help save lives by finding cures and treatments for medical diseases?
- Would you enjoy discovering new methods to help make your pets healthier?
- Do you want to make sure household products are safe?
- Do you want the satisfaction of knowing you have a crucial role in the advancement of science?
- Are you reliable and committed to the health and well being of animals?
If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, then laboratory animal science may be the field for you.
What is laboratory animal science?
Laboratory animal science is a field of science devoted to the production, care, and study of laboratory animals used in biomedical research and education. It is a large field comprised of professionals from many scientific and educational disciplines such as anatomy, animal science, comparative biology, engineering, environmental science, ethics, genetics, microbiology, pharmacology, physiology, and toxicology. Professionals within this field have a deep sense of purpose and are dedicated to helping society and improving the lives of people and animals alike.