Upcoming Educational Events
The following webinar, Care about the Animals: Care about the Science, will be on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm CT.
The speaker will discuss:
- The use of the 3Rs in laboratory animal science
- Changes that can be made to improve the welfare of various species
- How improving the welfare of the animals can affect the quality of the data obtained in studies
Another upcoming webinar, Strategies for Social Housing of Rabbits, will be on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm CT.
An environmental enrichment course developed to decrease aggressive behaviors of pair-housed NZW rabbits will be presented, and there will be discussion of:
- Identification of expected social behaviors as well as behaviors that predict unsuccessful pairings
- Methods of intervention that increase the probability of having a successful pairing
- How their pairing process could be adopted in other facilities housing adult female rabbits
AALAS Educational Opportunities
AALAS offers a host of educational opportunities and resources.
- Visit our Educational Resources page to learn about materials available through the AALAS Bookstore.
- The AALAS Learning Library contains a variety of courses designed for laboratory animal professionals at any career level.
- The pinnacle of the AALAS year is the National Meeting. This event is designed to provide attendees with educational opportunities throughout the five day meeting.
- Finally, the GLAS program (Grants for Laboratory Animal Science) offers competitive short-term research grants in the LAS field.