Upcoming Educational Events
Our next webinar, Creating a Security Culture, will be on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm CT.
Create a security culture within your research organization to create a safer environment for employees, visitors, animals, property, and data. The following steps to create a security culture will be discussed:
- Effective security awareness training programs
- Communication and reinforcement of security concepts
- Embedding security principles into practices, policies and procedures
- Empowering employees
- Management support of security
Assessing and Minimizing Pain and Distress in the Euthanasia of the Rat will be on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm CT.
This webinar will provide an overview of euthanasia of the laboratory, including:
- Common methods and their mechanisms of action
- Current literature and ongoing research
- Assessment of welfare during the euthanasia process
AALAS Educational Opportunities
AALAS offers a host of educational opportunities and resources.
- Visit our Educational Resources page to learn about materials available through the AALAS Bookstore.
- The AALAS Learning Library contains a variety of courses designed for laboratory animal professionals at any career level.
- The pinnacle of the AALAS year is the National Meeting. This event is designed to provide attendees with educational opportunities throughout the five day meeting.
- Finally, the GLAS program (Grants for Laboratory Animal Science) offers competitive short-term research grants in the LAS field.