AALAS Foundation 100 ALL STAR Race
Start your engines - the Race is on! Do you want to be part of an exciting and creatively challenging contest that's sure to be loads of fun and will also benefit the AALAS Foundation?
Charlotte, NC is known for the NASCAR ALL STAR Race. We know all the people and animals working in laboratory animal science are SUPER STARS - racing to achieve medical discoveries. So, this year the AALAS Foundation has designed a "100 ALL STAR Race" Contest and we are challenging contestants to paint/decorate a wooden 6" race car.
You don't have to drive fast to participate!
The deadline to enter the Race has ended! Be on the lookout for an email coming out soon announcing the launch of the Race and how to “vote” for your favorite Race Car!
Stay tuned – Online “voting” begins October 3rd.
- All contestants are required to submit an officially approved AALAS Foundation 100 ALL STAR Race car for entry into the contest (link to purchase official “100 ALL STAR wooden race car” ($12.99 plus shipping) will be sent to contest entrants upon receipt of contest entry fee.);
- Any artistic media may be used on the race car entries – paint, glue, pencil, ink, paper, staple, textiles, etc.;
- All race car entries must include the “100 ALL STAR Race” contest registration number displayed on the bottom of the race car;
- All race car entries must not exceed more than 8” in height;
- All race car entries must not exceed more than 8” in width;
- All race car entries must not exceed more than 3.5” in depth;
- All race car entries must not weigh more than one pound;
- All contest entries must be received by the AALAS Foundation at the 2016 “100 ALL STAR Race” Booth in Charlotte, North Carolina, between Sunday, October 30, 2016 and Monday, October 31, 2016.
Digital photos of the race car entries should be submitted to the AALAS Foundation in advance of the 2016 AALAS National Meeting for posting on the AALAS Foundation’s Facebook page. All registered entries will be on display at the AALAS Foundation “100 ALL STAR Race” booth at the 2016 National Meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Prior to the start of the 2016 National Meeting, the public will have an opportunity to go online to judge the race car entries and “vote” for their favorite entry. A “vote” is a financial donation to the AALAS Foundation. Each “vote” requires a minimum $5.00 donation. Online contest “voting” begins Monday, October 3, 2016 and ends Wednesday, November 2,, 2016 at 11:00 am EST.
Beginning Sunday, October 30, 2016, attendees of the 2016 National Meeting will be able to “vote” ($5.00 minimum “vote”/donation) on behalf of their favorite race car entry at the AALAS Foundation’s “100 ALL STAR Race” contest booth at the 2016 National Meeting in Charlotte, NC. All contest “voting”/donating ends Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. EST.
All branches, companies, institutions, and individuals are encouraged to participate. The main goal of this lively event is to help raise funds to support the AALAS Foundation in its mission to educate the public about the importance of biomedical research and the compassionate professionals working in the field of laboratory animal science.
AALAS members, their family and friends may “vote” on behalf of the race car entry of their choosing. The awarding of “votes” is actually a financial donation to the AALAS Foundation. A winner from each of the four (4) categories will be selected. The race car entry that receives the most “votes”/donations on its behalf by the end of the contest, Wednesday, November 2, 2016, at 11:00 am EST, will be deemed the first place winner of its category.
The first place winner of each category (Individual, Corporate, Branch, Institution /Organization) will be automatically entered into the live auction on Wednesday night, November 2nd, 2016.
Optional Entry into AALAS Foundation Silent Auction
All entrants into the contest may opt to donate their entry into the AALAS Foundation’s silent auction. (Note: By registering into this contest, entrants agree that should their entry be one of the first place category winning entries that their piece is deemed an automatic donation to the AALAS Foundation’s Live Auction.)
Entries donated to the AALAS Foundation Silent Auction will be acknowledged as a $25 donation to the AALAS Foundation
“100 ALL STAR Race Contest” Entry Pick Up
All entries not donated or automatically placed in the AALAS Foundation’s Silent & Live Auction must be picked up by its owner no later than 2:00 pm EST on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016. The AALAS Foundation will not be responsible for entries not picked up after this date and time.